Caesar Salad Dressing

Simple Salad on a Park Bench
How to make Keto Caesar Salad Dressing
Low-Fat Low-Carb Dressing
I've been meaning to post this recipe for awhile now, but after I adapted it from a recipe I saw on MD Eades' blog to include more fat than hers did, I somehow misplaced it.

When I first tried this lower fat salad dressing recipe, I wasn't really sure what Ceasar Salad Dressing was supposed to look like.

I've had Ceasar Salad in restaurants before, and the dressing was fairly clear. It looked a lot like Italian Dressing, or a simple house dressing.

But the last time we ate at our favorite buffet up north their Ceasar dressing was thick and white like mayo, so I wanted to give it a try.


MD's recipe had only 1 single teaspoon of mayonnaise in it, and that was the only fat, so I raised it up a bit to be more tasty.

Her recipe was also heavy on the lemon. I'm not crazy about sour dressings, so I decided to make something that fell in between the two extremes.

I really like how it came out, but you can certainly adapt this recipe to your liking. Just play around with the ingredient proportions. As for the lemon versus lime juice, I've made this with both juices and like it both ways.

Caesar Salad Dressing

Ingredients:

1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoon dried Parmesan cheese (in a can)
sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon guar gum (optional)

Toss all the ingredients into the blender and blend until its nice and creamy. The guar gum will make the dressing thicker, but you could always use more mayonnaise if you'd rather do it thank way.

The dressing has 44 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, and 1 carb per tablespoon, as written.

Vickie Ewell Bio



Comments